Many who attended Manchester's Deer Management Public Forum in November 2017 expressed concerns that the deer population has become a nuisance and a threat to the safety and well-being of the community. To address the deer problem, the Board of Aldermen has approved a revised Deer Hunting Ordinance.
Changes of note to the Deer Hunting Ordinance are as follows:
- Lowered the minimum land requirement from two acres to one acre. Up to four contiguous properties may join together to form the minimum one acre.
- Reduced the minimum liability insurance coverage from $2,000,000.00 to $1,000,000.00 and allows property owners and hunters to combine their liability insurance coverage to meet the minimum requirement.
- Established a Hunter Permission Form which:
- Is an agreement between property owner(s) and hunter(s) to permit archery hunting.
- Acknowledges the property owner(s) and hunter(s) have read, understand, and will comply with the deer hunting ordinance, guidelines, and liability insurance requirements.
- Must be filed with the Manchester Police Department.
For questions about the deer control policy/hunting regulations ordinance or to seek deer hunter information, please contact the Manchester Police Clerk’s office at 636-227-1410.
Check out the revised ordinance here