Manchester Department Updates
Manchester City Hall closed to the public on Tuesday, March 24th. These closures will remain in effect until further notice.
The City will continue to conduct business and offer its core services while buildings are closed to the public. You may reach us by phone at 636-227-1385.
In the interest of public health and safety, the Manchester Municipal Court has suspended all in-person court proceedings through April 17th, 2020, as per the Order of the Court.
Effective Monday, March 23rd and until further notice, the Municipal Court window will be closed to the public in an attempt to minimize the risk to the public, as well as our employees. The Court Office will not be accepting physical documentation or payments in-person at its office. If you need to pay a fine, please visit our online payment portal at www.courts.mo.gov. For all other court-related issues, please contact our court office at 636-207-2832 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
If you are currently scheduled for court on Wednesday, April 1st, please be advised that your case is being continued to Tuesday, May 12th. If you are currently scheduled for court on Wednesday, April 15th, your case is being continued to Wednesday, May 27th. A notice will be mailed to you with your new court date and time.
All Parks, Recreation, & Arts classes, programs, and rentals scheduled through April 30th have been cancelled.
- Program Participants will receive a credit for all cancelled classes.
- Rental Groups will be contacted by the Parks Department to address options as the situation unfolds.
Manchester Parks, Recreation, & Arts Office
The Manchester Parks, Recreation, & Arts office is now closed to the public until further notice.
Although our Parks employees are not currently IN the office, they are still here for you. They are working remotely and have regular access to email and check voice mail daily.
Following St. Louis County Executive Orders, all playgrounds, public restrooms, and drinking fountains in Manchester parks are closed until at least Sunday, April 22nd.
Summer Program Registration
You can still register for Manchester Parks summer programs and events by visiting the Parks website.
Contact Information for Manchester Parks, Recreation, & Arts Employees
- Becky Jones - Office Manager
- 636-391-6326 ext. 400
- Rebecca Pate - Arts and Recreation Specialist
- 636-391-6326 ext. 402
- Stephanie Hardesty - Recreation Supervisor & Assistant Director
- 636-391-6326 ext. 401
- Ellie Schmidt - Communications Specialist
- 636-391-6326 ext. 425
- Kathryn Schien - Director of Parks, Recreation, & Arts
- 636-391-6326 ext. 404
We are asking Manchester residents to work with us to minimize unnecessary public contact during this public health crisis.
In an emergency, please call 911, as always. However, if you call the station 636-227-1410 or dispatch 636-527-9200, the call taker will determine if an officer will need to speak with you in person or over the phone. This may necessitate a few more questions that would normally be posed. Some police reports will now be taken over the phone. Please bear with us during this time.
Other changes to police service will be posted as they happen. Please check our Facebook page and Website frequently for updates.
Other postponements and modifications that are in place:
- We will temporarily stop performing fingerprint service for
- We will temporarily stop doing police station tours
- The remainder of the citizens academy has been cancelled
- The National Take Back Initiative, sponsored by the DEA, scheduled for Saturday April 25 has been postponed for a date to be determined. The Manchester Justice Center has a 24/7 bin for prescription drop-offs, but we would like to discourage anyone from dropping items off until the Stay Home Order has been lifted.
Finally, it is important for Manchester residents to know that despite these modifications, they will still receive the highest degree of service possible. However, it is extremely important that we do what we can to mitigate the spread of this disease.
We will get through this together!
West County Fire & EMS
For more information about West County Fire & EMS services, please visit their website at www.westcounty-fire.org.
Yard Waste Collection
Effective Monday, March 30th and until further notice:
- Bulk waste programs are suspended until further notice. If you have a bulk item scheduled for pickup on or after 3/30, it has been cancelled.
- The curbside yard waste program is suspended until further notice. Beginning Tuesday, residents may bring their contained yard waste material, in normal yard waste bags, to disposal units located on the Schroeder City Park (359 Old Meramec Station Road) lower parking lot.
- Regular household trash disposal must be contained within a cart, can, or trash bag.
- Continue to place your trash containers and/or bags curbside on your collection day
Limb Chipping (Click for more info)
Spring limb chipping will continue on the following dates:
- Ward 1 - Monday, April 6
- Ward 2 - Monday April 20
- Ward 3 - Monday April 27
Electronics and Metal Recycling
Electronics and Metal Recycling will still be available on the third Saturday of each odd-numbered month ffrom 8 am - 11 am in Schroeder Park. However, due to increased safety precautions, we ask that you please stay in your vehicle. Do not try to help unload. Workers will be exercising proper safety precautions and PPE, they will unload everything. For more information about this program, accepted materials, and fees, please visit our E-cycling web page.