Manchester Trash Service Changes
In efforts to continue with an affordable and efficient solid waste program, the City of Manchester is updating the trash collection program.
Effective February 5, 2024, the City of Manchester's weekly trash collection will have the following changes in trash service. (There are no changes in weekly recycling, yard waste or bulk services.)
- Trash material will need to be contained in a Republic Services trash cart. Therefore, the use of personal carts, bags, boxes, etc. will be discontinued.
- Residents who currently have a Republic Services trash cart under lease have the option to retain their cart or exchange it for a larger or smaller one. The lease fee will be eliminated from your monthly bill.
- One trash cart will be provided to each household at no charge.
- Please complete a form indicating the trash cart size needed for your household. Simply select the tab labeled "Trash Cart Request Form." Forms must be submitted to Republic Services by December 13, 2023. Residents not responding will receive a 65-gallon trash cart. Carts samples are on display at the following City facilities:
- City Hall, 14317 Manchester Road
- Justice Center, 200 Highlands Blvd. Dr.
- Parks Building, 359 Old Meramec Station Rd.
- Trash cart deliveries will begin the week of January 15, 2024 and continue through the end of January.
- Weekly trash collection is limited to the trash cart only. Therefore, when choosing your cart size, ensure you have the correct size trash cart for the amount of waste you produce.
Residents looking to get rid of their unwanted personal trash carts can do so through Republic Services. Consolidate pickups are scheduled for the weeks of Feb. 5 and Feb. 12, specifically targeting these carts. To participate, residents should place their carts at the curb on their regularly scheduled collection day with a note marked "Throw Away." If these designated pickup dates are missed, you will need to arrange a separate bulk pickup with Republic Services at a future time. This provides a convenient solution for residents to efficiently discard their unnecessary trash carts.
Any trash customer with questions regarding service changes can contact: