Business License Updates for 2023
Annual renewal notices for Business Licensing for Merchant, Services, Vendor, and Bank/ Savings and Loan for the May 1, 2023 to April 30, 2024 licensing year will be mailed out to businesses by the Finance Department on or about March 1, 2022. Renewal applications need to be returned to the Finance Department (636 227-1385 x 103 or 103) at 14318 Manchester by April 15, 2022.
The list of items required for a business license renewal with the City has not changed. The City will continue to accept applications at the front counter in City Hall, but they will not be processed on the same day. All completed applications will be processed within three business days. The wait time will not have any effect on your current license.
If you have any questions please contact Shawn Sieve, Director of Finance at (636) 227-1385 x 105.
We appreciate the business you bring to the City of Manchester. Thank you.
New Business Checklist
- Contact Planning & Zoning to ensure your chosen property’s zoning allows for the use you are proposing for your business.
- Obtain any building permits necessary for construction or renovations.
- Apply for and obtain an inspection for Commercial Occupancy of your building or unit.
- Obtain a fire inspection from the local fire district.
- Apply for a Manchester Business License by filling out the proper application, submitting requested documentation and providing the Commercial Occupancy Permit.
Some types of businesses may require additional steps or permits. If there are any questions about the business licensing process please contact the Finance Department at 636-227-1385, ext. 103 or ext. 105.\