The Manchester Arts Visual Art Exhibition seeks young artists aged 10 - 18 in an open theme exhibition featuring 2D media. Submissions will be displayed outdoors in Schroeder Park.
- Works will be judged within 2 age categories 10-14 and 15-18. Choose the age category based age as of April 1, 2023.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to 1st place winners in each of the age categories. Winners will receive a prize check, and award certiﬁcate. Winners will be notiﬁed during the week prior to the opening.
- All entries must be submitted electronically - let us know if you need help. This means that all works must be photographed (unless created digitally) and sent via email. Please only submit 2D works (think painting, drawing, photograph).
- A maximum of three entries per person created during the past two calendar years (beginning January, 2021) may be submitted.
- Works MUST be ‘family-friendly,’ meet acceptable standards, and may not contain objectionable or inappropriate content, as determined by the ﬁnal and binding discretion of the exhibit sponsor, Manchester Arts.
- Manchester Arts will use submitted photographs to print and laminate works (you keep originals), prints will be 8x10 or larger
- Judging will be based on strength of subject and message, creativity, originality, and overall excellence. All decisions of the judge are ﬁnal.
- At least 1 entry from each participant will be displayed.
- Images must be the original work of, and created solely by, the entrant. No straight reproductions of other artwork are allowed. No coloring sheets will be accepted.
- Please do not submit photos with artist’s name digitally added to the photo (like an artist signature). This is a ‘blind’ judging process — your identity must remain unknown.
- Winners’ names and photographs will be featured on the Manchester Arts website, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Manchester Arts encourages the sale of your artwork, but no sales will be made on-site at the exhibit. Please determine the value of your work or mark them ‘Not For Sale’ (NFS.) Purchase requests will be forwarded privately to the artist. No art commission will be collected.
Deadline to Apply: July 28th at Midnight
Exhibition Dates: Aug. 11 - Sept. 1
Exhibition Reception: Aug. 13th, 2-4pm